Jason Sizemore, from Butterhead Kitchen, shares a recipe for Smokey Balsamic Chili.
Smokey Balsamic Chili
(prep time: 15 minutes, cook time: 15 minutes, serves: 8-10 )
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 4 Tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 29 oz can diced tomatoes (fire roasted are great!)
- 29 oz can pureed tomatoes
- 15 oz can cannellini beans drained & rinsed
- 15 oz can pinto beans drained & rinsed
- 15 oz can corn, drained & rinsed
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp Green Pepper Tabasco
- Add diced onion, red bell pepper & water to a large pot. Saute over medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
- Add smoked paprika, chili powder & cumin to the peppers & onions as they are sauteing. Stir frequently. A flavorful paste will form.
- Add the diced & pureed tomatoes to the pot & stir to combine well with the spice paste.
- Add the beans & corn. Stir to combine. Turn heat up to high.
- Add salt, Tabasco & balsamic. Continue to stir over high heat.
- As soon as the chili begins to bubble, reduce to low heat, cover, & simmer for 15 minutes. Stir every 5 minutes.
- Serve as is or top with vegan sour cream & cheese, avocado, etc.
*To cook in crockpot, combine all ingredients & cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours.
Butterhead Kitchen is a Small Batch Vegan Products Company, offering vegan cooking classes. Visit Butterhead Kitchen to learn more. You can follow Butterhead Kitchen on Instagram @butterheadkitchen.