skip to Main Content

Coalport Deaths Update

On Saturday, authorities say they discovered the bodies of three people who died inside of their Coalport home. They say it was because of a furnace malfunction.

The community started a go-fund-me to raise money for the families funeral expenses, so far they raised $6,000

Troopers say three bodies were discovered on Saturday when an owner of a business located below the apartment discovered smoke and no heat when she opened her store in the 1300 block of Main Street.

Troopers say the victims were identified as 67 year old Robert McClellan, 57 year old Brenda McClellan and 68 year old Ronald Jasper, who were all from Coalport.

Authorities believe the furnace malfunction happened sometime through the night causing the toxic gas to leak into the second story apartment.

According to Clearfield County coroner Kim Snyder, she says there were no carbon monoxide alarms in the apartment when she was there.

Under section 5 of the Pennsylvania construction code act, it states that it is the owner’s responsibility to provide and install operational carbon monoxide alarms in multifamily dwellings but it is the occupant’s
responsibility to make sure the alarm is working while living there.

 

Back To Top