skip to Main Content

Deadly Furnace Malfunction

State police say three people died over the weekend when a furnace malfunctioned in their Coalport apartment causing a carbon monoxide leak.

Troopers say the deaths were discovered Saturday when the owner of a business, located below the apartment, discovered smoke and no heat when she opened her store which is located on the 1300 block of Main Street.

State police identified the victims as 67 year old Robert MCclellan, 57 year old Brenda McClellan and 68 year old Ronald Jasper, who were all from Coalport.

Troopers believe the furnace malfunction happened sometime through the night causing the toxic gas to leak into the second story apartment.

Back To Top