Host KC O’Day and her niece, Mallory, share a recipe for Drunken Noodles.
Recipe adapted from Cook With Manali.
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce like sriracha
- 3 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons oil (we used coconut)
- 5-6 large garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 inch ginger finely chopped
- green chili – we used a can of chilies you find in the Mexican food aisle
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 2-3 stalks scallions chopped
- 1 large red pepper sliced
- 1 large carrot cut into rounds
- baby corn – we used a can, you can use more or less
- If you can find Thai basil, great! But we used regular dried basil.
- 1.5 cups vegetable broth or chicken broth
- One box of rice noodles. The thick will work better, but either is fine.
- 1 cup broccoli florets small florets
Combine all your sauce ingredients and whisk together or put them in a jar and shake until well blended.
Cook your rice noodles according to the box instructions.
Heat the oil over medium heat in a large skillet, and add the garlic, ginger, onion and scallions, let them cook for a few minutes. Add the red pepper, carrots, baby corn, broccoli and cook for a few minutes. Add the sauce, and the broth. Stir, deglazing the pan. Cook for another minute or two, then add the noodles and enjoy!!