Have you ever seen those crazy claims going around the internet and wondered if they were true? Well, KC is putting some of those claims to the test in a segment we call “I Saw It on the Internet, So It Must Be True.” Today, she and her niece Mallory are taking the One-Chip Challenge and making Feta Pasta.
Baked Feta Pasta
Recipe from Cheerful Cook
• 32 ounces cherry tomatoes
• 8-10 ounces feta cheese block of cheese, not crumbled Feta
• ½ cup olive oil extra virgin
• 2 ½ ounces basil fresh, minced
• 3 cloves garlic minced
• ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
• 12 ounces fusilli
1. Preheat the oven to 400º Fahrenheit.
2. Place feta cheese in the center of a 9×13 inch casserole dish. Add cherry tomatoes. Drizzle with olive oil and season with red pepper flakes, and cracked salt and pepper. Bake for 40 minutes at 400º Fahrenheit.
3. Meanwhile cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Cook pasta al dente. Drain and set aside.*
4. Remove baked feta cheese and tomatoes from the oven. Use a fork and smash the tomatoes and mix well with the feta cheese. Add fresh garlic and basil. Mix well. Keep mixing until well combined.
5. Add pasta and toss until well coated. Season again with salt and pepper. Serve and enjoy.
If you want a creamier sauce, reserve once up of pasta water. Add reserved water into the baking dish after you’ve mixed up the roasted tomatoes and cheese.