Jason Sizemore, from Butterhead Kitchen, shares a recipe for Muhammara – a spicy Syrian dip.
Muhammara (Syrian Roasted Red Pepper Pomegranate Walnut Dip)
(prep time: 10 minutes, cook time: 0 minutes, serves: 8-10)
- one 12 oz jar roasted red peppers in oil
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 ½ Tbsp pomegranate molasses (or 1 Tbsp POM Pomegranate Juice & ½ Tbsp maple syrup)
- ½ Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ Tbsp tomato paste
- ½ cup walnuts
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 clove garlic (or ½ tsp jarred minced garlic) use the garlic from the red pepper jar if it contains some!
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 Tbsp olive oil (we use the oil from the roasted red pepper jar. Oil can also be omitted if preferred)
- Pita wedges, tortilla chips, fresh vegetables, etc. for serving. It’s also amazing as a sandwich spread.
- Add everything in the order of the ingredient list, to a food processor (we used a Ninja) or high speed blender. Blend until smooth.