Science experiments you can try at home! Justin Huffman from Penn State Altoona’s Lions Learning Lab shows us how to make a noisy balloon.
This science demonstration teaches kids about centripetal force and sound!
- Small Hex nut (can experiment with different-sized hex nuts)
- Place the small hex nut into the balloon and make sure it is all the way at the bottom of the balloon before blowing the balloon up.
- Blow the balloon up to a medium volume and tie it up to close. (If working with small children, an adult should blow the balloon up!)
- Hold the balloon with the neck of the balloon in the palm of your hand and your fingers along the sides.
- Move the balloon in a circular motion until the high pitch noise begins. Enjoy the SCIENCE and the NOISE!!!
Visit Lions Learning Lab for more information.