Dinner time doesn’t have to break the bank! You can find affordable recipes that can feed your whole family, and we’re here to help! KC O’Day and her niece Mallory share a recipe for Pizza Chicken.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup mini pepperoni, or pepperoni cut into quarters
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook, flipping once, until cooked through, about 4-5 minutes on each side; set aside.
- Add garlic to the skillet, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in crushed tomatoes, basil, oregano, parsley and red pepper flakes; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce has thickened, about 15-20 minutes.
- Return chicken to the skillet. Top with mozzarella and mini pepperonis.
- Place into oven and cook until melted and golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with basil, if desired.