Does your life feel scattered? Do you feel pulled in multiple directions? Starting a mindfulness practice can help you reset and move forward with a more peaceful heart. Doctor Candace Good, a psychiatrist with Mount Nittany Medical Center, is the author of Own Your Present: A Psychiatrist’s Guide to Mindful Meditation and Living a More Conscious Lifestyle. She joins us with some tips to help start you on a mindfulness journey.
Getting Started on Your Mindfulness Journey
- Define mindfulness and make it your own
- Recognize that mindfulness is a choice
- Listen to a song
- Take a seat and practice meditation
- Practice good breathing techniques
- Download a mindfulness app
- Journal and take time to reflect
- Take your phone for a walk
Pick up a copy of Own Your Present and support Webster’s Book Store in State College. Visit Doctor Good to learn more about her work.