skip to Main Content

Pizza Shop Fire

Part of a local pizza shop and shared apartment building is destroyed following a fire.

The property owner says a fire he tried to put out on his own quickly grew out of control.

Mario Lopez says the fire started in the laundry room of the building along Front Street just before 10:30 last night.

Lopez says he used a fire extinguisher to put out the flames but that it wasn’t enough.

“By the time I came downstairs with the fire extinguisher, it was a small corner fire, not very big. I spray it. We extinguish it, it went out. I went back inside to get the second fire extinguisher just in case.
By the time I came back out again, the fire was bigger.”

Lopez says no one was hurt in the fire but the laundry room and garage are destroyed.

Back To Top