skip to Main Content

Punxsutawney House Fire Update

State police in Punxsutawney say the fire that broke out Monday afternoon at an apartment building along East Liberty Street was caused by a discarded cigarette.

Troopers say the fire broke out before 3 p.m. Monday, at an apartment building along the 200 block of East Liberty Street.

Investigators say the fire started when someone “carelessly discarded” a lit cigarette on the front porch of the building.

No injuries were reported in the fire but investigators say none of the victims have insurance.

Damage is estimated at $200,000.

The Red Cross and Salvation Army are assisting the displaced families.

Back To Top