It’s time for another installment of Retro Recipes where KC and her niece Mallory try out a recipe from a bygone era. This month, they’re making Yorkshire Pudding.
Onion Yorkshire Pudding
- 1/2 pound yellow onions (about 3 medium), thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
1. Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, saute onions, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper in butter until tender but not browned. Divide among eight 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups. Place on a baking sheet.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour and remaining salt. Whisk the eggs, water and milk; whisk into flour mixture just until blended. Pour 1/4 cup into each ramekin.
3. Bake 30-35 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Serve immediately.