Kimberlee Rutan McCafferty is the mother of two sons on the autism spectrum, she writes the blog Autism Mommy-Therapist and she’s the author of the book Raising Autism: Surviving the Early Years. Kimberlee joins us with some tips to help parents who are raising a child with autism.
Ways to Help Your Autist Child
- Get out into the community
- Join a parent group or Special Ed PTA
- Tackle the big issues, and if possible, get help from a board-certified behavior analyst.
- Educate family and friends
- Take care of yourself in multiple ways
Visit Autism Speaks for more of Kimberlee’s tips.
Pick up a copy of Raising Autism: Surviving the Early Years today. Visit Autism Speaks for more information about autism.