Skip to content

Centre Hall Structure Fire

We’re learning a firefighter was injured this afternoon during a structure fire in Centre County.

Emergency crews were called to the 100 block of East Potter Street in Centre Hall for a structure fire.

The fire broke out before Noon by what officials say appeared to be caused by a downed power line that made contact with the old horse and buggy barn.

Around one thousand residents were left without power

Officials say a Centre Hall Firefighter reported receiving an electrical shock.

The property owner who’s also Centre Hall’s Mayor says the barn was built in 1898 and was being used for storage.

“There was some of my Father’s Navy uniforms and trucks upstairs, that I can’t replace. you can always count on the memories. or find something new. we will prevail.”

Officials haven’t confirmed whether the structure is considered a total loss but the property owner says she will rebuild.

Back To Top