Skip to content

Johnstown Power Outage

A power outage in Downtown Johnstown caused issues for many homes and businesses.

Fire officials tell us the outage was determined to be a Penelec issue related to an underground vault.

Penelec was on the scene throughout the Night and well into the Day working on repairs.

But being without power for hours left many resorting to unsafe ways to get their power back.

“One thing we did find with the power outage overnight is some individuals, not only businesses but residential, resorted to use of gas powered generators within the confines of their property.
So we had them physically inside the buildings”

Having a gas powered generator inside your home can lead to elevated Carbon Monoxide levels.

Since Carbon Monoxide is colorless, odorless, and tasteless, you may not notice it unless you have a detector in your home or it starts physically affecting you.

Back To Top