A Centre County company is facing fines from OSHA after one of its employees was killed on a jobsite last year.
In August 19-year-old Alexzander Fries, from Elk County was electrocuted while working on a bucket truck in Gregg Township
Now, the company he worked for, Centre WISP, is facing nearly $40,000 in fines from OSHA.
State police say Fries’ bucket came in contact with electrical lines along Tressler Lane and his death was ruled accidental by the Centre County coroner.
In an OSHA letter, dated February 10th, Centre WISP, also known as black bear fiber, was cited for several serious violations.
Two of violations each drew fines of over $15,000: one for not ensuring one of their employees didn’t come close to an electrically charged power line and the other saying the company didn’t provide training in the various precautions and safety practices needed to perform the job.
OSHA says that the company was received the letter regarding the violations last Friday and the company has until March 17th file any appeals.